Source: I Didn’t Start the Fire
I Didn’t Start the Fire
2 thoughts on “I Didn’t Start the Fire”
Kim most of my husbands family is in the Buckhannon, Weston and Phillip area… we traced our history back to the 1700 and most of the grave sites are in Lewis county so I am not thinking we are related to any Powers up your way but I am glad you enjoy the blog!
let me know what you think. Cancel reply
I'm a mother, wife, artist, writer, community developer in the Appalachian Mountains of West Virginia. Originally from the mountains of Boulder, Colorado. I have spent the last 27 years with my family in a small town of less then 4000 were we spend time outdoors living close to the land. I garden, fish, hunt, forage and cook in traditional ways and share Appalachian history and culture with my two sons. I love old buildings, bridges and farms. I love a good ghost story and have been known to dress up for Halloween. I hope you enjoy my stories about our life where you might not have cell service, many of the roads are just numbers and people still want to know your name.
my resent posts
- Heritage Apple Orchard Dreams June 9, 2021
- Apple Raisin Strudel February 18, 2021
- Tygart Lake State Park, Beach Glass and the Winter Blues. February 2, 2021
- Construction Completed at the Golden Rule; Rehabilitation of the Golden Rule #3. January 21, 2021
- This Christmas I did not Pick Up the Phone. December 27, 2020
- The Beautiful Holiday Trees of Adaland Mansion November 28, 2020
- Dreams Really do Come True October 2, 2020
- How to Guide All About Grape Vines, Grape Juice,Grape Jelly. September 7, 2020
- A Visit to the Abandoned Nuttallburg Historic Coal Mine Town August 23, 2020
- The Carnegie Science Center; An Investment in the future July 29, 2020
I Love Love Love your blogging! We live in Salem and are friends on facebook. I grew up as a young child next to powers and wondered if they might be relation? They went on to own a Waterpark near here and I b eleven be realators…Happy Holidays and please keep the stories coming!