Me like most of my blogging friends, I do not write my blog as a way to get awards or acclaim. I write to make friends, to share great information about topics, places and events that interest me. I also write this blog as a form of a diary. I lost my father young and have always wondered about him and his view of the world and what knowledge he could have shared. So my writing is a way to share with my children and grandchild a little about who I am. So when I get awards, even a simple award, I find it strange and funny.I never think that someone out their likes my stories and finds them worth reading. I want to thank my Friends at Cheese Acres Farm for my nomination for the Leibster Award. Please stop and hit their link to learn more . This award helps show case the blogs that I fallow and helps promote the small blogs with around 200 or less followers. Most of them you will find on Word Press but I do have some blogging friends around the glob that use other blog sites also.With receiving the Liebseter I was given a list of 11 questions to answer about my self and this blog to allow all of you to get to know me better.
1. Have you always lived in the state/ province that you are now in? Answer: No, I grew up at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Boulder Colorado, lived several places including a short time over seas in Germany and ended up in the Appalachian mountains of north central West Virginia and have been here about 20 years.
2. How did I get my farm/ homestead/ blog name? Answer: From a friend, JD Wissinger, who wrote on my Facebook Page that I was a Mountain Mama. We joked that I was a John Denver fan grew up in Colorado and lived in WV making me alot like his songs so it just stuck.
3. Do I or my family eat out much? Do I try to cook while traveling? Answer: No, not unless traveling… but I do love pizza out, and a good seafood meal now and again.
4. What varieties of critters do I own? Answer: Sable rabbits is the only animal that I own for now, but have owned dogs, cats, chickens, horses, goats, mice, turtles, fish, frogs, gerbils, in the past.
5. Is their any animals you want but have do not have yet? Answer: yes, I hope to get a puppy next year. My husband wants to get a Germany short hair pointer.
6. What is your favorite season? Answer: Fall in a hardwood forest is breath-taking.
7. Are you a morning or evening person? Answer: nether I am an afternoon person… I don’t like getting up before 7 am and don’t like staying up past 11 pm.
8. Who does that cooking at your house? Answer: Me although I do get help from the family.
9. Are you a go with the flow person or a plan it out kinda person? Answer: I go with the flow baby!
10. How long have you been a blogger? about two years but only one on the WordPress platform.
11. Why did you start your blog? Well for the a couple of reasons, first I wanted to share what my family loved to do and see if I could eventually make a living from it. I also wanted to save the memories we made for the future generations of our family.
My random 11 facts are as fallows.
1. I love classic rock and have seen Pink Floyd in concert.
2. My favorite food is pasta, and it shows.
3. I love to read historical fiction novels.
4. I lead a reading group in our small town.
5. I have always wanted to travel to Ireland.
6. I love farm fresh, eggs.
7. I love second-hand stores.
8. I doodle while talking on the phone.
9. just bought my first ATV last month.
10. I hate folding laundry.
11. my favorite hobby is mushroom hunting.
Now I will share with you 11 blogs that I fallow and love that have around 200 or less followers. So here are some of my favorite undiscovered blogs. I think this list is really more a reflection of when I started following each blog then a favorites list . One of the first blogs I ever followed was Homestead Dad and it is one that I still fallow faithfully.
Gather and Grow
The Hunters Widow
Molly in the Mountains
A Random Harvest
Eat the Season
Now that I have shared some of my favorite blogs I hope that you take the time to look a few over and find more wonderful people who are writing about their corner of the world.Then the next step is for me to pass this award on to the bloggers listed above and hope that they know how much I enjoy what they do. If they want to pass along the award they just need to fallow these steps.
– Acknowledge the blogger who nominated them and display the award symbol.
– Answer the eleven questions that the nominator gives you.
– Give 11 random facts about yourself.
– Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving( that have less than 200 followers) try not to renominated people who have already been given the award.
– Feel free to pass on the this award if you do not have time for it.
– Let all the bloggers know you nominated them.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
So if you feel like you have time to participate in this award here are my eleven questions for you!
1. Where were you born?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What is your favorite season?
4. What is your favorite Hobby ( besides blogging)
5. What kind of home do you live in?
6. What kind of animals do you have?
7. Have you always liked writing ?
8. When did you start blogging?
9. Why did you start blogging?
10. Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?
11. Are you married or single?
I have found a wonderful group of friends with blogging and I hope you can share some of your favorite blogs too.